Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ironic















Mormons claim that Jesus came to teach among the people of North and South America after His resurrection. Notice the nice pagan pyramids in the background!

So, at the main train station in Krakow today, I ran into a bunch of Mormon missionaries, from, of all places....Utah! I was walking away, when I saw a group of four people, two men with the title of "starszy," (elder), and to women with "siostra," (sister). Kind of ironic, since I am a Catholic from Utah, and the Mormons are even here in Krakow (I have seen them before). I decided to stop and talk with them for a while, and they were happy to meet another fellow American. It turned out that I have a mutual friend with one of them. Perhaps we will meet again to talk about their faith...I wonder what it must be like for them here in Krakow, where about 99% of the people are Catholic, and most of them practicing, at that...